Chicago

Chicago
Chicago

Friday 30 May 2014

Long-term survival of ipilimumab-naive patients (pts) with advanced melanoma (MEL) treated with nivolumab (anti-PD-1, BMS-936558, ONO-4538) in a phase I trial.

This is a Phase 1 study in advanced Melanoma with patients without prior Ipi.

In comparison, after 1 year on the Merck PD1, 86% of patients with PDL1 positive tumours and 72% of patients with PDL1 negative tumours were still alive as presented at AACR earlier this year.

This is early data, so it is worth checking what the patient populations look like- if one was considerably sicker, that has obviously an influence on the result!

OS rate*

n=107% (95% CI)Pts at risk
1 y 63 (53, 71)63
2 y 48 (38, 57)44
3 y 41 (31, 51)22

*September 2013 analysis



4 comments:

  1. The one from merck was looking better from the beginning, I wanted to go for it if my sis was ipi naive, Still I am not sure if would work for her . She has such an aggressive melanoma. I am sometimes tented to show a picture with her awful arm tumors and to ask desperately: '' Will imunotheraphy ''kill'' something like this ?" I heard one oncologist declaring public that ''people with low tumor burden have more chances to respond to imunotheraphy, but ''there are of course exceptions..'' As you said it is interesting to know what kind of patients were there in the studies. Me at least I would like to know. Thanks for being there Bettina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but..if I had choice, for my sis I would choose obviously antipd1 from merck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this abstract on asco website you posted ;it is related to anti pd1 response depending on lesions kind
    http://abstracts.asco.org/144/AbstView_144_132885.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting one, will look into that later!! So there are subtypes in the lesions….

    ReplyDelete